Elise is a Johannesburg based freelance food stylist whose excitement and passion for food led her to becoming a Chef, after a few years in the industry her creative side demanded an outlet, which led to her becoming an independent food stylist, creative food director and visual content creator.
A qualified hot and cold kitchen Chef as well as pastry Chef, Elise specialises in recipe development, food content curation, food styling and prop and décor styling.
Elise loves creating stunning images, videos and recipes for a diverse range of clients across advertising campaigns, commercials, packaging, pack shots, print and online imagery, film and video, video content, websites and social media as well as recipe books and recipe videos.
With an endlessly fruitful imagination, an eye for the finest detail and an on-set can-do attitude as well as determination to fulfill every client’s brief, she creates a positive and productive working environment.
From conceptualisation all the way through to final product her focus remains on what her client’s needs are, what they envision and on the story they would like their food to tell.
Elise has worked on many high-end budget projects for product, campaigns, food festivals and celebrity chefs including but not limited to, J’Something, Sarah Graham, Good Food & Wine Show, Delicious Festival, Eskort, Ultramel, Albany, Love of Banting, Mike’s Kitchen and Uber Eats.
- Johannesburg based freelance food stylist and food professional, travels when needed.
- Chef, food stylist, culinary consultant, recipe developer, creative food director, content curator and visual creator.
- Develops, writes and tests recipes for product, video, social media, website content, cookbooks.
- Wealth of food experience, knowledge and skills across many food genres.
- Passionate about fresh and seasonal produce especially if it is local and sustainable.
- Passion for food reflects in styling, making fresh, natural and beautiful food the focus.
- Ability to work across all genre’s and make each campaign unique to its own brand.
- When not cooking and creating beautiful food you’ll find Elise with her nose buried in cookbooks or watching cooking programs, eating out (often!) and travelling.